Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Baby update

Baby Boy Olsen and I are 26 weeks and 1 day into his pregnancy and doing fine. I had a check up this morning. Happily, I'm still not being yelled at for gaining weight and I think I now know where it's going. The little guy is apparently on the big size. My belly should be at 26-28 cm but it's at 29. The doctor wasn't concerned. It's just something to keep an eye on. Really, no one thought he was going to be a peanut, did they? Next week, I get to do the glucose tolerance test.

The kids seem so matter-of-fact about baby's development and eventual arrival. He's just part of the daily conversation. It couldn't be cuter when Anna tries to give him a hug or Erik says, "Hi, Baby" to my belly. If it ever warms up, I will have some explaining to do to Anna, though. She often asks if Baby's ready to come out and I tell her he won't be ready till it's hot outside. She may be in for some disappointment during those first hot days of summer. He's supposed to stay put until August 8, the day before her birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment