Friday, June 22, 2012

Here we go again

Of course I can't let this one sneak by: Cherie Blair, wife of the former British prime minister, has declared that women who stay at home full-time with their kids aren't setting a good example for their children. Sigh. Very exciting to know that I am a "yummy mummy." Seriously, wasn't the point of feminism to give women CHOICES, not to guilt women into fulfilling someone else's life ambitions? I can assure you children raised by a full-time at-home mom have NO problem with a "sense of independence." Let's call it what it is folks: if you aren't earning money, society calls you worthless. Please, someone look me in the eye and tell me that I'm wasting my time and education. Otherwise can we stop demanding that the only women who dare call themselves feminists or even good mothers are those who refuse a life that looks remotely like the life of a woman from our grandmothers' era. 

1 comment:

  1. I so enjoy reading your blog. You are such a gifted writer AND mother! I admire you.

    ReplyDelete