Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Summer Vacation, Day 3: Mommmmm!!!!

Parenting dilemma of the summer: When the cries of "Mommmmmm!" let loose, do you drop what you are doing and respond right away because, gosh, these darlings are only young once and they have a need! Or, do you try to make your eye roll as subtle as possible and sweeten your, "Just wait a moment" because, sheesh, these kids need to learn not to be so darn demanding!

I think you can tell which way I'm leaning here. (I'm not just folding laundry in another room, I'm teaching delayed gratification. It's just not taking hold.)

Does it influence your answer to my dilemma if the eightieth "Mommmmmmm" was followed by "Erik said I'm small!" Or the eighty-first was "Can you put the card table in my room?"

We aren't talking life or death issues here.

Did I mention it's raining today? The kids are having a great day. Legos, living room caves, "campfires" in the basement, etc. They just want me appraised of every moment. Awesome.


No comments:

Post a Comment