Saturday, April 16, 2011

The best laid plans...

Considering how much I do like to plan ahead and have everything scheduled, I know other folks find it puzzling how reluctant I can be to commit to family activities until just before the event. Today is the example of why that is. I did manage to get out the door at 5:45 a.m. to help my mothers' club with our 5K race this morning. The rain wasn't what any of us had hopped for, but we managed. While I was gone, the plan had been that dad be in charge and take the kids to art class, followed by an egg-hunt where I would meet everyone. Unfortunately, Erik's cold hadn't gotten much better over night and Anna came down with it, too, as well as a fever. So, our busy morning became a day off entertaining stir-crazy, sick kids and watching the cold rain fall. Disappointing. Parenthood is just one big lesson in flexibility, and that's one of many lessons I just resist learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment