Friday, June 3, 2011

Baby update: 30 weeks

All is well in baby land. I had a check up this morning and there were no concerns. Well, I continue to be concerned with my impressive weight gain, but the doctor says I'm skinny. Love her! My blood pressure was a bit high, but we agreed that having my morning espresso just before the appointment probably bumped it up a bit. Baby's heart rate was easily found and thumping along at 138. My belly size is measuring just right for this point in the pregnancy. My next appointment will be in two weeks and will include an ultrasound. There will be a few extra tests toward the final month due to my "advanced maternal age." Grr. I'll be properly annoyed by those later, but I chose not to think about it today. So, for the time being, all is well. 

Baby is in near-constant motion. I'd love to know what he really thinks about the sounds that make him wiggle so much. For example, the organ at church last night set him into a fit of dancing. Was that a happy dance or would he prefer a little less noise? Around here, that's not likely to happen what with the older kids perfecting their wild animal noises lately. Enjoy, little guy!

While I'm on the topic of babies, I might as well mention how completely confused I am by maternity clothes. Really, it shouldn't be too complicated and, of course, I should have something as basic as clothing figured out by this point in my mom career. Still, I don't know what's going on with maternity pants. Half the ones I own have a mysterious, impractical loop on the side. Is supposed to be a drawstring? A suspender? Not a clue. It's just there to itch, near as I can tell. Other pants have adjustable snaps and buttons that refuse to stay in place. Could you put buttons on a pumpkin and have them stay put? It doesn't make a crabby day go any better when I spend much of it fighting with my garments. So, my one pair of extra large, elastic waist shorts from the non-momma side of Target will be my wardrobe staple of choice this summer. Sigh. As long as I'm not still wearing them next summer! 

No comments:

Post a Comment