Sunday, June 5, 2011

Have pity on a pregnant mom and help a great cause!

As most of you know, in late 2008 my mom was diagnosed with ovarian cancer. She responded well to treatment, surgery and chemotherapy, and has been cancer free for two-and-a-half years. Praise God! Because Anna was an infant while Mom was going through treatment three hours away, there was little I could do to help her and Dad at the time. That’s why I didn’t hesitate to say yes when a friend asked me to join her Relay for Life team in support of the American Cancer Society
The American Cancer Society works to help people avoid cancer, heal from cancer, and find cures for cancer. The society’s Relay for Life of Kane County will be held June 24-25 in Geneva, Illinois.  At Relay, teams of people will camp out at Elfstrom Stadium and take turns walking or running around a track. Each team is asked to have a representative on the track at all times during the overnight event. That’s where I’ll be and that’s why I need your help.
I know everyone keeps a close eye on their budgets. We all have bills to pay and our preferred charities to support. So, while this is a request for a donation in support of my participation in the Relay for Life, I understand if other commitments keep you from doing so. However, if you do have a few dollars to you could contribute toward the efforts of the American Cancer Society’s work, I would consider it a tribute to the most amazing woman I know, my mom. She faced cancer without complaint and continues to serve her family and community in so many ways. She is an inspiration!
(For what it’s worth, your support would also do wonders toward motivating me as I waddle around the tract at eight months pregnant. Think of the amusement value for the other participants!)
If you’d like to contribute, you can access donation information at  http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLFY11IL?px=19065558&pg=personal&fr_id=30727  Thank you for taking the time to consider supporting this effort. Thank you even more for your support of our family in so many ways.



No comments:

Post a Comment